1. You cannot take math notes on a laptop… well you can but it’s a waste of your time and effort.
2. If your teacher will not teach you, teach yourself, or find someone else who will.
3. Make friends in all of your classes, they will come in handy when you loose the worksheet or forget what pages you were supposed to be reading.
4. Do the Reading. I’ve seen other’s who haven’t getting very confused.
5. No matter how long you stare at a problem on a chemistry lab, it will not get any simpler. Give in, get out the scrap, and work it out the long way.
6. The same applies to Calculus problems.
7. Speaking of Calculus… It all makes sense, but most of it only makes sense on a level of math that I simply do not know, and that the teachers will probably teach us later. For now, I suppose I’ll just have to deal.
8. Sleep is s very valuable thing, as is any time you have left over to vege out in front of the TV, or gork out with your PC, or both…. Unless you are an EA magor in which case you never have HW. I wish I were an EA Magor.
9. Quarters are the most valuable things in the world. No quarters no clean laundry. No Clean Laundry, no Clean Undies. No Clean Undies… EWE.
10. Two people can ruin a curve for everyone.
11. Study. Just do it. It’s important on the tests.
12. When people tell you the term is almost over, before you have had your Midterm Exam… Do not panic. They are panicking, do not let them draw you in.
13. Anything that was made to make life easier can also make life harder, because some such things are simply possessed. Prime Example: RPI Elevators
14. Wherever you go in a school, the temperature will be wrong. This includes hallways, classrooms, labs and dorms. Exceptions include Some art rooms and some dining areas.
15. Philosophy classes are a breeze. It doesn’t matter if your premise is true as long as your argument is valid.
16. Writing for College is very different then writing for HS, and no matter what they told you in HS you realy won’t be using much MLA format. In fact, it is mostly frowned upon.
17. The data you take DURRING the experiment can make or break the report that you must write afterward.
18. When a guy in your bio class, who is also taking Diff-EQ and O-Chem, complains about the report. Prepare to be up till 2 am on at least 3 nights working on it.
19. Artistic skills DO have an application in science. DIAGRAMS.
20. Although school food gets progressively better with the type of school you are in, Moving up from elementary school, middle school, high school and College, the school Pizza will always stay the same.
21. When you live on a hill… and you need to get to your classes your classes at the bottom of that hill… and you have wheels, gravity is your friend.
22. When you are living on a hill… and you need to get back up it from your classes at the bottom… and you are carrying your wheels… gravity is NOT your friend.
23. You only need a mutual respect with your roommate. Not a friendship, but a friendship makes things so much easier.
24. Some people believe that quiet hours do not apply on Saturday nights.
25. Being a Bio Major at an Engineering School is gonna be quite the adventure…. (Especially when you consider the universal truth that Bio majors cannot do simple math, and frequently forget our alphabet.